Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
BusinessZoom Help Centre
BusinessZoom Disclosure Statement
Friday, September 30, 2011 8:00:32 AM(UTC)
Location: Sydney, Australia
BusinessZoom – Privacy Statement
Last updated: 1 April 2011
This Privacy Statement forms part of the
and governs the collection, storage, use and dissemination by us of any Personal Information (as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)) that you provide to us. We are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the handling of Personal Information.
What Personal Information we collect
• Users - We collect information from Users including user name, e-mail address and information regarding your activity on the Site and Site password.
• Business details - We collect information from your business details including names, phone numbers, email addresses, identification details, Site password and other information you choose to provide.
• Other - We may collect and use certain non-personal information such as the identity of your Internet browser, the type of operating system you use, your IP address and the domain name of your Internet service provider to optimise our goods and services to you.
• We may also acquire information from other sources, such as from other companies and from other public documents.
Due to tax requirements, some user information must be stored for seven years.
Your access to the Site
The Personal Information we collect from you enables us to operate the Site and provide the content. If you do not provide us with this Personal Information, we may not be able to provide you with full access to the Site.
What we will not do with your Personal Information
We will keep all Personal Information we receive from you confidential and will not sell or knowingly divulge such Personal Information to any third parties, unless:
• the Personal Information is received from a Business Listing as a Listing and the Business Listing has requested it be published on the Site.
• we are required to share your Personal Information with a third party in order to comply with the law or to comply with a court order or subpoena.
• we receive a claim from a third party that you have breached any law.
• it is necessary to enforce our Site rules.
• it is necessary to provide it to our third party service providers and contractors, if any, such as data storage providers or direct debit providers who will be subject to strict contractual privacy obligations.
• it is necessary to protect the safety and security of our Users and our Site.
• to protect the safety of other BusinessZoom users or the public
• to fulfill the service agreement, BusinessZoom may utilize third-party services. In this event, your data may be shared. For example:
- In the premium packages, at least one domain name is included. In order to register you, the user, as the owner of the domain, BusinessZoom must pass on the requisite information to the domain registrar. Contact the responsible domain registrar for details about the type and scope of information required for domain registration. These data are, depending on the registrar, publicly available.
- BusinessZoom sites include web analytics, so users can view the statistics for the site. The analytics service may be managed by a third-party service, in which case the log files will be passed on to the analytics service partner.
What we will do with your Personal Information
The Personal Information collected by BusinessZoom will be used for providing Users with information. We use the Personal Information collected to provide our services to you in the following ways:
• to enable us to provide you with personalised content;
• to enable us to send you product lists;
• to enable us to send you email announcements or advertisements; and
• to enable us to offer you links to other websites. When clicking on links to other websites, we encourage you to read their own privacy policies. Their standards may differ from ours.
Any Personal Information posted on our Site becomes public information. While we strive to protect and respect your privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any Personal Information which you post online.
Keeping Personal Information secure
We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your Personal Information. We will use a variety of physical and electronic security measures including restricting physical access to our offices and firewalls and secure databases to keep your Personal Information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
How you can access, change or delete your Personal Information?
The Personal Information we hold about you (such as your name and email address) is kept so that we may correctly identify you.
You can update this Personal Information at anytime by logging onto the Site. Alternatively, upon your request, we will correct or delete inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information we hold about you.
You have a right to get a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you. To request access, please use the contact form provided.
If you do not want information collected through Cookies, most internet browsers allow you to deny or accept Cookies.
This is generally used for geo-targeting purposes (showing Sydney real estate ads to someone in Sydney, for example) or showing certain ads based on specific sites visited (such as showing cooking ads to someone who frequents cooking sites). You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to login to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
If you reasonably believe that there has been an unauthorised disclosure of your Personal Information, please contact us by using the contact form provided.
If our policy on information collection or usage changes, we will update this notice accordingly. We reserve the right to change this notice at any time.
Back to top
Edit by user
BusinessZoom Help Centre
BusinessZoom Disclosure Statement
post new topics in this forum.
reply to topics in this forum.
delete your posts in this forum.
edit your posts in this forum.
create polls in this forum.
vote in polls in this forum.
Watch this topic
Email this topic
Print this topic
Blue-Grey Theme Created by Ingo Herbote (
Powered by YAF
YAF © 2003-2010, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.039 seconds.